Ever wanted to control your PC with a remote? Here is a lil introduction to what i've just done:
- Buy a remote control on Ebay, i used a Medion X10 remote, just search for that...
- Install the correct drivers for your remote, can be found on the medion website's download section - search for "fernbedienung". I used the newest drivers for Windows Vista (Drivers from 2008). The exact type of remote does not matter i think.
- Download eventghost, an open source windows software for receiving events and controlling applications www.eventghost.org and install it.
- Read the following article: www.eventghost.org/wiki/Controlling_Your_Living_Room_with_EventGhost, for questions there is also a forum;)
- Build your own scripts and use them as you desire!